This privacy notice applies to any Room Poa website, application, service, or tool (collectively “Services") where this privacy notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through mobile devices.
This privacy notice also applies to the provision of Room Poa services through any Room Poa partner’s website, application, service, or tool where it is referenced and where your listings and their content are published or advertised in accordance with the terms of this privacy notice.
We may amend this privacy notice at any time by posting the amended version on this site including the effective date of the amended version.
We use your personal information to provide and improve our Services, provide you with a personalized experience on our sites, contact you about your account and our Services, provide you customer service, provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Room Poa Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Room Poa experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
· Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future browsing for you, improving our Services, and communicating with you.
· Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Room Poa or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Room Poa on other Web sites.
· Mobile: When you download or use apps or websites created by Room Poa or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
· E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Room Poa if your computer supports such capabilities. We may also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please stop using our Services.
· Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
· Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide a better, personalized, faster, and safer experience, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Does Room Poa Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Room Poa controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
· Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as sellers, these businesses operate listings at Room Poa or sell offerings to you at Room Poa. We share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
· Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer listings, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
· Promotional Offers: Sometimes we may send offers to selected groups of Room Poa customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please stop using our Services.
· Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy entities, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice. Also, in the unlikely event that Room Poa, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
Protection of Room Poa and Others:
· We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our User Agreement and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Room Poa, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
· We may work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
· We may reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
· It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Which Information Can I Access?
Room Poa gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Room Poa for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
· As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of such Room Poa features as your profile or customer reviews.
· You can add or update certain information on pages such as your profile or dashboard. When you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
· If you do not want to receive User Agreement and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of roompoa.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.
· If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please stop using our Services.
Are Children Allowed to Use Room Poa?
If you are under 18, you may use Room Poa only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian.
User Agreement, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Room Poa, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our User Agreement including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of Kenya. If you have any concern about privacy at Room Poa, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the User Agreement will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check Room Poa frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, we may not materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Information You Give Us
- You provide most such information when you register, search, post, participate in a contest, or communicate with customers. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through roompoa.com or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in your account or your profile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; participate in community features; provide and rate reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; e-mail addresses of your associates and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in your profile ; and financial information, including credit card details. When you register or post a listing, you give us such information as your geographical location and physical address; such information will be displayed publicly in your profile and listings. You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in community features, member-to-member communications, chats, dispute resolution, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services. When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated location and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use for our records or communication more easily; account information and page-view information from some merchants with which we do business or for which we provide technical, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Featured or Sponsored content); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which may use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Social Media: We allow you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you, and information about the advertisements you have been shown or have clicked on, etc.). If you provide us with access to any site with images or video content, then you agree that we can share your images or video viewing with, or obtain information about your images or video viewing from, third-party social media sites until you withdraw authorization or connection to the social media site on that specific social media site. You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to the personal information retained by the respective social media site about you. By associating an account managed by a social media site with your account and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we can collect, use and retain the information provided by these social media sites in accordance with this privacy notice. We may also use plug-ins or other technologies from various social media sites. If you click on a link provided via a social media plug in, you are voluntarily establishing a connection with that respective social media site
If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with that person’s authorization. You should inform them how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their personal information according to our privacy notice
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Room Poa include; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password and your profile (including your listings, favorites and reviews).
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing in to your account. Please, update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate. Keep in mind, once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it.
If you request that we stop processing some or all of your personal information or you withdraw (where applicable) your consent for our use or disclosure of your personal information for purposes set out in this privacy notice, we might not be able to provide you all of the Services and customer support offered to our users and authorized under this privacy notice and our User Agreement.
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable national laws.
When you share your personal information on our sites or applications – what happens?
Other users have access to the information you share on Room Poa. For example, other users can see your listings, locations, phone number, online status, reviews, comments, username and email.
When you use our Services, your public user ID may be displayed and available to the public and associated with all of your public Room Poa activity. Notices sent to other users about you may refer to your public user ID and specific items. If you associate your name with your user ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name may then be able to identify your Room Poa activities. When users are involved in a communication, they have access to each other’s name, user ID, email address and other contact and personal information.
Your responsibilities over personal information you receive through Room Poa
When you interact with another user, we enable you to obtain or we may provide you with the personal information of the other user (such as their name, account ID, email address, contact details and physical address). Independent from us, you are the controller of such data and we encourage you to inform the other user about your privacy practices and respect their privacy. In all cases, you must comply with the applicable privacy laws, and must give the other user a chance to remove them from your database and give them a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You may use the personal information that you have access to only for Room Poa related purposes, or for other services offered through Room Poa (such as fraud complaints, and member-to-member communications), and for purposes expressly consented by the user to whom the information relates. Using personal information of other users that you have access to for any other purpose constitutes a violation of our User Agreement.
Unwanted or threatening email
We do not tolerate abuse of our Services. You do not have permission to add other users to your mailing list (email or postal), call, or send him/her text messages for commercial purposes, even if this user purchased something from you, unless the user has given his/her explicit consent. Sending unwanted or threatening email and text messages is against our User Agreement. To report Room Poa-related spam or spoof emails please forward the email to emails available on our contact page.
We may scan messages automatically and check for spam, viruses, phishing and other malicious activity, illegal or prohibited content or violations of our User Agreement, this privacy notice or our other policies.
Third Party Privacy Practices
This privacy notice addresses only our use and handling of personal information we collect from you in connection with providing you our Services. If you disclose your information to a third party, or visit a third party website via a link from our Services, their privacy notices and practices will apply to any personal information you provide to them or they collect from you.
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your personal information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your personal information. This is true even where the third parties to whom you disclose personal information are users, bidders, buyers or sellers on our site.
If you have a question or a complaint about this privacy notice, our global privacy standards, or our information handling practices, you can reach us through the email address available on our contact page. Please note that emails without subject heading and description of the issue shall not be attended to.
Staying Signed in
When you sign in to your account on our Services, we give you the option to stay signed in to your account for certain amount of time. If you are using a public or shared computer, we encourage you not to choose to stay signed in. You or any other user of the computer/browser you signed in on will be able to view and access most parts of your account and take certain specific actions during this signed in period without any further authorization. You can typically end your signed in session by signing out and clearing your cookies. If you have certain browser privacy settings enabled, simply closing your browser may also end your signed in session. If you are using a public or shared computer, you should sign out and clear your cookies when you are done using our Services to protect your account and your personal information.
How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies. Some data is kept indefinitely, for example, if you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
Modified; October 25, 2019